Many photographers asked us. Here it is! This is an invaluable list of the majority of the resources we use here at Peter Tögel Photography to provide the excellent services and products we are known for!
Use SignNow.com for just $1/month per employee (in most cases you only need to sign up one employee) – create your contracts for clients in word, then upload, add fields for info and signatures, create your templates and never have to fuss with contracts again! We are able to send contracts to new clients within 3-5 minutes once everything is set up the first time!
Use SquareUp.com in order to take credit card payments and send online invoices to your clients. This is a well-known and secure resource that will help your clients trust your professionalism. Use this link https://squareup.com to get your first $1000 in credit card sales (in 180 days) without paying any processing fees!!
Digital Ocean is our preferred platform for website hosting. Use this link to get a special deal when you use their services:
SmugMug – THE place to store, share and order prints for your amazing photography art! Your images can be uploaded straight from Adobe Lightroom (the must for all editing) and you can link to quality print labs (like Bay Photo) to provide the very best for your clients!
Use this link for a special offer when you join! http://www.smugmug.com
We trust KISS.us with all of our needs! They keep it simple (stupid) and deliver high end, American-made, lifetime-warrantied products that are dripping with heirloom quality! It is free to build your album on their user-friendly website. You must be able to prove you are a professional photographer to use their system, so no layperson can ever say they can create an album as nice as the one you can provide them. Use this link to find out more: http://KISS.us/
For our business cards, brochures and Client Save-the-Date and Thank You cards, we trust GotPrint.com. The only thing they do not currently offer is magnets. Everything else printed you could want is here! Go here to request your free sample kit!
Want to add music to your slideshows for clients? We use the legal downloads at Jewelbeat.com. This has protected us from copyright violation threats because we have only music that we are lawfully able to use!
Want to brush up on your photography, editing, posing, or small business skills? Go to CreativeLive.com to watch the free programs airing today or purchase a course to download and have access to learning at your fingertips! Our top picks are:
- For Complete Wedding Business from startup (of course our internship program is the best way to get this):
- Sal Cincotta’s Wedding Photography Bootcamp – albums / packages
- Jasmin Star’s The Complete Wedding Photography Experience – digital / download
- Zach and Jody Gray’s Wedding Photography Weekend – nice tips for husband & wife teams along with a complete wedding how to
- For Posing Subjects:
- Lindsay Adler’s Posing 101
- For Album Design:
- Jim Garner’s From Images to Art: Storytelling in Wedding Photography
- For Portrait Photography
- Sue Bryce’s 28 Days of Portrait Photography – budget-friendly natural lighting – she also provides a kick in the butt to help you get going!
- Lindsay Adler’s Portrait Photography Bootcamp – studio lighting and posing by a wedding-turned-fashion photographer
- Peter Hurley’s The Headshot – self-explanatory … be ready to say “SHABANG!”
- Sal Cincotta’s High School Senior Photography – a complete blue print for breaking into this business model
- For Lightroom® Editing:
- Ben Willmore’s Adobe® Lightroom® CC Photo Editing: The Complete Guide (he also has a complete guide for Photoshop®)
- For Camera Basic:
- John Greengo’s The Photography Starter Kit for Beginners – great from the ground up for learning to shoot manual – also a great brush up course for professionals wanting to improve by getting back to the basics
- Business Basics:
- Hannah Marie’s Organize and Automate a Better Customer Experience
- Sal Cincotta’s Master the Business of Photography – learn from a guy who says he would rather be a 10 at business and a 5 at photography…and makes 7-figures doing it!